Our aim is that all individuals whose personal data is processed by SCA Hygiene Products feel secure that their privacy is respected, and that we use sufficient efforts to protect the personal data we are provided with.
2 The information we collect
As a visitor to SCA Hygiene Products' network of websites you are asked to provide us with personal information on various occasions. This could be, for example, when you take part in competitions, become a member in a customer club, order product samples or request information about SCA.
The type of information we collect for these purposes is typically your name, home address, telephone number and e-mail address, and sometimes even your personal identification number.
3 How is information used?
The information we collect is used for the following purposes:
- to be able to offer safe and simple use of our websites
- to be able to communicate, by means of electronic mail or otherwise, with you in connection with competitions, membership and other interactive offers
- to be able to provide you with information about SCA Hygiene Products and our products
- to be able to offer you marketing and advertisements which we think you will find interesting
4 Which information must you provide?
On every occasion you are requested to provide personal information, it will be clear when the information is required for a service and when it is purely voluntary to provide it.
5 Cookies and IP-addresses
A cookie is a small amount of data which is sent to a web reader from a web server on the website you are visiting and is stored on the hard disk of your computer.
Cookies are commonly used to:
- Identify your computer (e.g. to make it easier to log in or choose the appropriate language)
- Count the number of users to different websites
- Trace the interest in certain offers, clubs and competitions
- Measure traffic patterns on our websites
Settings in your own web browser allow you to decide whether to accept or reject that cookies are stored on your computer's hard disk. If you choose to not have your web browser accept cookies the use of the website will be somewhat limited.
Information about how to set your web browser to reject cookies, or to alert you every time a cookie is offered, is found in the help section of your web browser. If you want to erase cookies that already have been placed on your computer they generally are to be found in folders named "Cookies" and "Temporary Internet files".
Transparent GIF files
Transparent GIF files (also called web beacons or website pixels) are used to handle online advertising measurements. The files are used to identify a cookie on your hard disc. The information is used when analysing what ads most people find interesting.
To be able to administrate the website in an efficient and secure manner, we collect and store IP addresses during a limited period of time. The IP address is a unique number which make it possible to identify a visitors connection to the Internet and it is automatically reported by your web browser each time you view a website.
Our websites include links to other sites on the Internet. We cannot take responsibility for how personal data is handled by those external websites. We therefore urge you to look closely at each external website's policy for dealing with personal information.
7 Who are we?
We are SCA Hygiene Products AB
405 03 Gothenburg
Registration number 556007-2356
Telephone +46 (0)31-746 00 00.
If you have any questions about how we deal with your personal information please send an e-mail to email@example.com. You are entitled to receive information on our processing of your personal data once yearly. Further, please contact us should you want us to correct, erase or block your personal data.
If you no longer wish to receive information or advertisements from us please contact us by e-mail. An e-mail address to which you can make such a request is located at the end of information, which we send to you.
9 Who has access to my personal information?
SCA Hygiene Products is the sole owner of the personal information, which we collect. We do not sell personal information to any company. In certain circumstances however we do share personal information with our co-operation partners both inside and outside the EU.
Examples of occasions on which we would share information in this way are:
- In relation to marketing purposes when personal information is processed together with information concerning, for example, demography, interests and habits.
- In information and advertising campaigns, personal information may be shared with companies with whom we co-operate and who help us during the campaign.
- For the purpose of fulfilling our commitments to share information with our suppliers, distributors, retailers and news agencies.
10 Security and secrecy
Protection for personal data and personal integrity is a high priority within SCA Hygiene Products. We carefully protect personal information from unauthorised access, loss or distortion.
11 Amendments to this policy
SCA Hygiene Products will update and change this policy from time to time. We thus recommend that when you visit our websites, you check regularly if any amendments have been made before you provide any personal information to us.